Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

time-stretch automation (offline or online) Issue Tools
issueid=1011 08-21-2009 01:24 AM
Human being with feelings
time-stretch automation (offline or online)

automation lane for timestretch with the possibility of selecting from the different algos in reaper. I,ve stretched my head to do variable timestretching for a while and just can't find a way to do it outside of max/msp.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.102
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 11
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-21-2009 05:55 AM

Maybe a plugin would work for this- something VST, so it can use REAPER's pitch/time algorithms (Elastique and such). ReaTime or ReaLength if you will. I would love this. It would work similiar to ReaPitch, but instead of altering the pitch and not the time, it would alter (increase/decrease) speed and not the pitch. Very usuful plug. Cockos, do you think you can do this for us?
08-21-2009 06:12 AM

Can't be done as a VST plugin, the way they work wasn't designed (well enough) to do something like time stretching.
08-21-2009 01:07 PM

Seems like you Xenakios is (was?) on to something like this whith the "Audio Processing" exstension. With graphical timestretching it would hopefully do exactly what I am looking for. Is there any way for you to do this, or if you allready have something semifunctional, is there any way for me to try it? And by the way, thank you very much for your contribution to the reaper community.

henrik
08-21-2009 04:43 PM

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Soundforge's Pitch Bend tool.

Actually you can do this, but only across the entire session, if you can automate the playrate. Reaper has no offline stuff so far, but perhaps Cockos will be so cool as to give us another item-based automation thing called 'Playrate' :) . That'd do it for starters.

That and Xenakios getting his tool done.
08-21-2009 06:45 PM

The playrate it isn't very good at keeping the pitch at the exact cent and semi-tone...regardless of the resampling method.
08-21-2009 08:17 PM

Regarding my audio processing extension, it broke (more) as I was trying to add the variable time stretch functionality into it. So don't hold up your breath about that extension becoming very useful in the near future. I will look into it again at some point in time, but not soon...

Anyway this is getting a bit offtopic for the tracker...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue