Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Hidden prefrences ? Issue Tools
issueid=1209 09-16-2009 11:53 PM
Mortal
Hidden prefrences ?
Hidden prefrences ?

Look for the string "auto" in the prefs dialog box. Given a point, reaper will surround an empty space:
Priotity 10: super ultra minor niptick! put in the tracker on request...

Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version 3.104
Closed Version 3.11
Yes votes 2
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags Alien invasion, Preferences

09-17-2009 02:14 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

OMFGBBQ!!! We're all gonna die! I corrected that priority setting to 1, emailed Justin and sent him a telegram just to get sure and I'm currently trying to get the national guard, homeland security and the marines on standby. I've already established a dedicated line to the local heads of defense in most UN states and all major printing facilities are printing "duck and cover" pamphlets. Does anyone have the phone number of Bruce Willis or Doctor Who? Please leave your radio and TV running and wait for further instructions, looters will be shot without warning after curfew. Since many of us are probably 40yr old virgins...get laid fast or you won't get to go to hell. Don't worry about your red ink anymore, except the red ink on the prefs menu, that's gonna kill you. Sooner or later. Cancer, heart attack or run over by a truck my ass, it was the red box of doom.

No wait... I can't repro on Vista. You guys are screwed, but not me. :)

Edit: Aaaaargh! I can repro on XP, also on the prerelease... the search has to wrap around once though, it comes up after it hits the 'General' page the second time. Now does that mean I'm gonna be a zombie?
09-17-2009 02:18 AM
-blänk-

I found one more of these hidden bombs. The general tab seems to be sprinkled with landmines. Watch your steps. Don't dare to click that space or else.

While I believe Jeffos found "auto-create No1 hit on startup", mine obviously is "render user's kitchen a total mess". Terrifying. What else is there hiding?
09-17-2009 06:00 AM
Administrator

Not so much "hidden preferences" as "Reamote preferences that are highlighted despite the fact that the user doesn't have Reamote installed"...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue