Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Add option to replace plugin Issue Tools
issueid=3971 02-17-2012 12:24 AM
Human being with feelings
Add option to replace plugin
Click on existing plugin while holding certain button will allow to replace it with another one

I think this is the MOST weak place in Reaper.
Always need to reorganize a whole list of plugins in MCP if you need to change some plugins to another one
For example i (and i guess not only myself) always trying different plugins while making sound design in specific order, and when i need to change one delay to another i need to delete previous one, then add new one to the end of the list and then bring it up again (and its not always easy to remember the order of plugins while experimenting with sounds). There are a lot more examples in which this behaviour is slow down workflow dramaticaly!

I think there should be at least an option to hold down specific button and click on plugin to simple replace it to another one from FX browser. This will solve this problem once and for all

Please think about. Its really really hard to work with sound design at the moment.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Duplicate
Priority 2
Affected Version 4.20
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 6
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-17-2012 02:29 AM

Duplicate of http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1328

Please search the tracker before you post your request or bug report.
02-17-2012 02:45 AM

Sorry, my bad
will do next time
08-04-2014 07:12 AM

DONE (4.71)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue