Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

VolumeShaper style tempo synced MSEG for parameter modulation Issue Tools
issueid=5474 01-08-2015 06:38 PM
Human being with feelings
VolumeShaper style tempo synced MSEG for parameter modulation
add tempo based multi segment envelope generators (MSEG) as a parameter modulation option that would work in a similar way to the LFO option which is currently available

Hi All,

I have a feature request to add tempo based multi segment envelope generators (MSEG) as a parameter modulation option that would work in a similar way to the LFO option which is currently available.

I would envisage it working using the same code/approach as the automation lanes to draw curves over a certain period (for example up to four bars) which can then be looped to produce cyclic modulation of any VST parameter. This would give great flexibility by adding full MSEG modulation to plugins that don’t contain it (especially useful on synths, filters etc.). The LFO option is already useful but having more control of the curve shape would be awesome!

It is true that this can currently be achieved using parameter modulation on the automation lanes but it is fiddly to copy and paste over the selected track and makes tweaking pretty tedious.

P.S A search shows there are a number of automation related requests going way back but I did not seen the idea of having a mini CableGuys VolumeShaper style MSEG as part of the parameter automation UI so thought it worth putting out there since hopefully this is a useful idea and I think most of the code functionality is already there.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 4.76
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 4
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-23-2015 08:21 PM
Human being with feelings

Looks like no love for this idea :P .. oh well I came up with a substitute using a couple of insertPizHere midi utilities in case anyone is interested.

I set up midiSimpleLFO with a tempo synced ramp from 0 to 127 and followed this with midiCurve to map it to an envelope curve and then used CC learning on the target plugin to map the parameter to be controlled. Works fine so thanks piz :)

This could be done a bit more easily with the CableGuys MIDIshaper but I like to use free software as much as possible since I am a hobbyist and I find it a fun challenge. I am also pretty tight!

Still think this would be a useful addition to supplement the admittedly already powerful parameter modulation in Reaper …

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue