Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Click Removes Timeline Selection/Loop Selection and other other editing enhancements Issue Tools
issueid=2457 05-09-2010 10:06 PM
Human being with feelings
Click Removes Timeline Selection/Loop Selection and other other editing enhancements
Essential editing enhancements

The following editing enhancements work together in tandem and are essential to any effortless audio editing work flow. These would be preference settings found in Editing Behavior.

Single click in REAPER's time display ruler removes loop selection. Loop points linked to time selection in options is unchecked:

Single click in REAPER's arrange window removes time selection. The current behavior of single click in empty track area removes item selection remains the same and unchanged. Loop points linked to time selection in options is unchecked:

Of course with the above behavior, the "Loop points linked to time selection" option checked will now remove both Loop & Time selections which would be expected:

Link playback cursor only to start of loop selection is another very essential preference needed for effortless audio editing work flow:

Obviously from my posted examples, I have AutoHotKey/Python scripts that do some of these, unfortunately they break/interfere with other parts of REAPER and aren't Mac compatible.

Discussion thread.

Doing hundreds and even thousands of edits in REAPER is extremely long winded with a high increased margin of error without these needed editing essentials.

Shane
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.51
Closed Version 3.60
Yes votes 98
No votes 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-17-2010 03:16 PM
Administrator

The last issue is a bug that is fixed for the next release (thank you for the bug ticket: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2458).

Can you explain what you mean by "link playback cursor only to start of loop selection" ?
05-18-2010 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
The last issue is a bug that is fixed for the next release (thank you for the bug ticket: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2458).
Yes, and it works brilliant now. Thanks for fixing that! I planned on updating the info in first post once the build is officially public and out the door.

Quote:
Can you explain what you mean by "link playback cursor only to start of loop selection" ?
Currently, the playback cursor in REAPER is linked to the edit cursor. When loop points is unlinked from time selection, you'll see it's always linked to the edit cursor. In the example below, I have it linked to the loop selection(using some bad hack job scripting). When I hit stop/play, it will always start from the loop selection and not the edit cursor:

In this next example, I have the loop selection, time selection and edit cursor all separate from each other. I have the playback cursor always starting from the loop selection and not the edit cursor when I hit play/stop. I also demonstrate the playback cursor starting from the time selection in the same manor.

These editing prefs are essential for many effortless audio editing work flows. They also work in conjunction with the other requests in this FR as a whole in tandem. My hack job scripts to get some of these basics going in REAPER just end up breaking other parts of it, but they suffice for the purpose demonstration.

Thanks for looking at this.

Shane
05-18-2010 11:45 AM
Administrator

This somehow went from a discrete feature request that was about to get marked "coming soon" to a big omnibus! Can you put this back to its original feature request, and create a new ticket (or more) for the additional requests? Long lists of requests don't work well as a single FR ticket.
05-18-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:
Can you put this back to its original feature request...Long lists of requests don't work well as a single FR ticket.
Done. I also removed the "Move edit cursor to start of time selection on time selection change, needs to include the marquee selection" FR as it was a logged bug that is now fixed. That should clean up the FR.

It was a 4 am moment. ;) :D

Thanks for looking at this.

Shane

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue