Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

media item:properties: take properties: PITCH ADJUST additions Issue Tools
issueid=5455 12-22-2014 03:30 PM
Human being with feelings
media item:properties: take properties: PITCH ADJUST additions
Hello the purpose of this request is to have a couple new features in the pitch adjust section of a Media Items Properties window.

Hello the purpose of this request is to have a couple new features in the pitch adjust section of a Media Items Properties window.
Edit: Discussion thread - http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=152300

* Request
Developers please add the following in the media items properties window

- add a circular Knob to adjust the pitch

- add a auto preview check box which would activate a auto preview feature meaning that every time a user adjusts the pitch it automatically previews the new adjustment

- add a preview button to preview the adjustment

- add a preview in project button to preview the adjustment within the project.

* Benefit
This would be a faster way to hear pitch adjustments in all regards.

* Reason
Some users do a lot of composition with one hit drum sounds, meaning users take a small file of audio and apply it many times at different places in the project. Users do this with kicks, snares, toms, hi hats...etc. Users drum hits are not always tuned correctly, so i believe the feature i am requesting will help users get the pitch of the media item tuned faster to their liking.

* Implementation Suggestions
Here is a mock up of my idea

Circular pitch knob value should be controlled by Mouseclick+hold+UP or Mouseclick+hold+down

Circular pitch knob should have Fine tuning capabilitys by holding shift or ctrl

If using pitch knob, preview is not played until mouse button is released.

Each time an adjustment is previewed, it should stop the previous preview and start the new one.

Preview in project should be defined by where timeline cursor is

If the user does not hit the apply button on the bottom right of the media items properties window then the pitch adjustment will not be applied and cancelled.

*End

Last addition to idea but not in mock up of picture, Add a check box for Auto preview : in project.... meaning that everytime you adjust the pitch it auto previews the adjustment with the project playing.

This is just an idea, if you can add to the idea, make it better, more intuitive, please I ask that you do contribute.

Thank you for reading and I hope this may become useful.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 4.76
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 14
Users who would not use this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)