Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Pop when bypassing reapitch Issue Tools
issueid=5332 09-05-2014 12:15 AM
Human being with feelings
Pop when bypassing reapitch

I am using reapitch on the master track. I have automated it and automated it's bypass, since I don't use it much I don't want it running the whole time.

When I bypass it, the point of bypass produces a definite audio pop. This occurs even though the pitch automation is 0. (I only bypass it once I have automated all the settings back to default(So there shouldn't be a difference in sound when the bypass is turned off... yet there is a pop).

I suppose I could automate the set/dry setting too but it seems like a hoop to jump through for something that should work.

It this is a problem with bypass then maybe a linear slope in the bypass envelope could first change the mix from x to 0% then turn off the plugin?
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.721
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-05-2014 08:03 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs suspects, questions and help requests in the corresponding forums first. This is not a discussion forum.

This is the issue tracker, a database for reproducible (and confirmed in a previous forum discussion) REAPER bugs following a structure laid out here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653

Alas we can't simply move things between the tracker and the forum. If you still have this issue, can you repost this in the forum for further investigation, please? Thanks!

You can't automate bypass on latency-introducing plug-ins since PDC is not being calculated during playback etc., automate the dry/wet button instead.
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue