Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Ryhtmo Band Like Behaviour Issue Tools
issueid=5167 04-16-2014 12:28 PM
Human being with feelings
Ryhtmo Band Like Behaviour
offset play cursor in continuous scrollling position and stretch item notes in empty item for Automatic Dialog Replacement Purpose

EDIT : I don't think the title is a good translation =/

Hi !

I was thinking about Automatic Dialog Replacement (ADR or Dubbing) and i came up with a few ideas. I will know if you think it can be cool :)

Context :
Automatic Dialog Replacement (WIkipedia)

Softwares :

The thing that there is just a few softwares dedicated to ADR.
Phonations
Synchronos

And why not profit to our main DAW and his powerful editing capabilities to do that ?

Feature Request :
Sure we can already do ADR in Reaper.
But the only thing it missed to be consider as a true ADR software is a Rythmo-Band (lip-sync band) behavior.
To have an Ryhtmo-Band like behavior, Reaper needs two things :
  • possibility to offset to the left the play cursor in continuous scrolling (default behavior : continuous display in the middle of the screen - things that are before the cursor are not very important in ADR and we need space to see what will come)
  • possibility to stretch text horizontally in Empty Item (default behavior : stretch is also vertical and often the dialog line cannot be displayed entirely. A huge horizontal zoom is not a valuable solution cause we don't have time to reed the dialog line. As you can see in ADR dedicated softwares, it doesn't matter if the text is horizontally stretched. The only thing that matters is that we can see the dialog line.
It's basically it :D

Original post here : http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=138296
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 4.61
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 5
Users who would not use this feature 0