Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

unused files can't be deleted using "clean current project directory" Issue Tools
issueid=5237 06-11-2014 06:14 PM
Human being with feelings
unused files can't be deleted using "clean current project directory"
unused files are not deleted as expected and stay in the project folder

I encountered a strange issue with the "clean current project directory" feature.

While working on the affected project, trying to delete unused media by using the "clean current project directory" feature results in no deletion at all. The unused files stay in the project folder. If I uncheck the "use recycle bin" option (I'm using the German localization of Reaper), a message is displayed after trying to delete unused files: "File(s) cannot be deleted." If the option is checked, there's no message displayed at all.

Here's a link to the affected project file:

https://stash.reaper.fm/20948/Ralf%20...lution%206.RPP

I wonder if the issue is triggered by the project file name, the parent folder name (Ralf Mücke) and the respective unused media file names all containing German Umlaut letter "ü". I never had this issue with other projects that have Umlaut letters in project names, parent folder names and media file names.

Discussion: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...05#post1366505
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.62
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-11-2014 11:05 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs suspects and help requests in the corresponding forums first.

This is the issue tracker, a database for reproducible (and confirmed in a precedent forum discussion) REAPER bugs following a structure laid out here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653
06-12-2014 05:13 PM
Human being with feelings

No disregard of your hint or ignorance intended, Ollie, but I found a way to consistently reproduce the bug:

The issue can be reproduced using this naming scheme (which I use for all my projects):

- parent folder (client's name, sometimes containing German Umlaut letter(s) = problematic, I tested this with "ü" and "ö")
- song folder (= project folder, song name, Umlaut letters do not seem to be problematic here)
- project file (lying in song folder; naming scheme [client's name - song name.rpp])
- media folder (labelled "Audio", sub-folder of the song folder; automatic media naming is set to $project - $track; no problem here using Umlauts)

the bug only shows using Umlauts in the parent's folder's name. Sub-folders, media and the project itself can have Umlauts in their names.

My system is Acer Aspire 7750G, Win7 x64 SP1 (8-core), 16 GB of RAM, Reaper portable.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue