View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #183
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

A suggestion:

Perhaps fix the varied colours on the transport_bg (and add toolbar_bg with the same color)?

I attempted this myself, however I still have rather annoying rgb(49, 49, 49) outlines around elements as seen. I've been unable to locate the source of that... but it's an improvement.

Before:

After:

It'd be much nicer if it was just a solid colour with text, or if there were proper delineators for the elements.

The default just sucks.

(I attached the transport_bg.png for this, and I simply duplicated that as toolbar_bg.png as well to make the main toolbar blend in with the transport.)

edit:

Almost had it looking right, but the time signature box turns black anytime I add/change transport_edit_bg.png. transport_group_bg.png changes add black bars on the side of it.

edit 2: All working.

No more ugly rgb(49,49,49) lines. Just a smooth seamless transport and main toolbar.

So I had to create the following files with a full value of rgb(43,43,43)
  • transport_bg.png
  • transport_bpm_bg.png
  • transport_bpm.png
  • transport_edit_bg.png
  • transport_group_bg.png

Then remove the line "set trans.curtimesig.color [. . . . 43 43 43 255]" from rtconfig.txt. This seems to cause issues if transport_group_bg.png and/or transport_edit_bg.png are provided.

Even if my idea isn't accepted in to the nitpicky theme, something needs to be done about the transport.
Attached Images
File Type: png transport_bg.png (1.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Robert Randolph; 04-15-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote