View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #12
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan.Krutilkin View Post
Steindork, I can reproduce it very reliably with 100% probability at 135 bpm.

When you add some drum loop and then loop that item for some measures you will hear the actual problem
You would hear that if the item would actually be missing a whole decimal of a quarter, that would be 5ms@120BPM and after 2 loops things would become ugly.

However, there is no gap at all - just an issue with the calculation of the displayed item length which seems to end up at x.3.99.99 (it doesn't display sub-fractions of that "decimals per quarter"), there is no visible gap and if that rounding error would create an actual gap of that time fraction, it would have a length of max. 50µs and you'd have to loop that 2-bar item 100x to get an error of 5ms. But I doubt that there is a gap at all.

Image: Miscalculated item end fully zoomed in

This is fully zoomed in. The time resolution at this zoom level is that high that you'd have to zoom out 20 steps in order to see the giant gap between bar indicator and item end when it's actually only x.3.99 long.

So that's why I think the issue is certainly confusing and worrying and all but still it's purely cosmetic.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote