View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #85
DigiDis
Human being with feelings

Out of curiosity, why is it so important for many people to have their preferences validated by others? Why do so many feel inferior because they use Reaper instead of any other DAW? Do we really need to care if Reaper is the most popular DAW or not?

Why don't we try to escape from the "brand" game, as it really is bringing us all down, not up. Reaper is just a tool that some prefer, some don't. It is what it is and does what it has to do for me and many others. If it doesn't work for others, there are no shortages of great DAW softwares to choose from. In the end, it is rather stupid to judge a craftsman by his tools and not his works.

While I'm at it, why do so many feel that they have to be disciples for Reaper? Cockos doesn't pay me to market their product, I pay them to use it. That is the extent of our relationship, and I am sure both sides are more than content. The world is too full of people trying to push their religions, political ideas, product preferences, brand associations and just about everything else onto other people, and all it really does is push them away. People can make up their own minds on what to use just like we can. In that way, if Reaper does become the most popular DAW it will not be because of some debatable propaganda, but because Cockos sincerely earned it.
DigiDis is offline   Reply With Quote