View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #15
Gooey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dea-man View Post
It seems very simple to me. Latency would not be a problem with even an older machine. (Unless you were using CPU hogging VST's.)

You could set up FX chains to your hearts desire and switch as needed, or make each track a different set up, for a different song. Just arm the track you want to use. Then you could have all your effects loaded in one "live show" project.

Have you tried it out yet? If you have all the components it wouldn't take more then a few moments to set things up for testing.

I know there are people using Reaper for live situations.
First of all, thanks much for your thoughts! I am going to try this pretty soon (right after I finish slaying some dragons, rescuing some maidens, and doing a couple of things having to do with my plan for total world domination). In my case, even though I do have (probably) all the components (even half a dozen or so dual-core and quad-core computers) just sitting around, it will take me more than just a few moments to set it up. But yeah, you're right. I should just set it up and play around with it, then after that go about finding the cosmically greatest plug-ins for the job.
Gooey is offline   Reply With Quote