View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
visa tapani
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
That marquee method is exceptionally error-prone when selecting across multiple lanes. This is one of the big reasons I favor something that works and looks like area selection.
What do you mean by area selection? In any case I cannot agree at all about the marquee method being error-prone, let alone exceptionally so. My workflow is heavily automation-centric and I've edited thousands of automation envelopes with the marquee-method in huge projects often zoomed quite far in Cubase for years now, and have never had issues with it being error-prone. Ironically I get much more errors like that in Reaper (accidentally deleting media items or moving them around etc) than any other host I've used, although I haven't really analysed why's that.

The only situation where the marqueeing across lanes is even theoretically error-prone is when you have points with the highest values on one track and at the same time points with the lowest values on the lane above it, making these points to be quite close to each other. Even this, however, I've never found an issue (as long as there's sufficient visual feedback of what's selected, like the clear colours in Cubase). In fact I actually tried out exactly that in the gif animation included in the FR, just to see how it works (lowest track has highest values while the middle track has lowest values, and I select the points with the lowest values on the middle track) - no problem.

Last edited by visa tapani; 11-16-2012 at 08:06 AM.
visa tapani is offline   Reply With Quote