Thread: Huge latency
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #17
enuenu
Human being with feelings

Success! No ideas how or why but it's working now. One track with VST on my bass, latency seems OK. All good with drum VST running too.

(EDIT) On reflection, maybe it was something to do with the aggregate device including BT headphones as you suggested. The latency was there previously when other headphones were plugged directly into the iMac, so I assumed the BT cans were not the culprit. However I've been through so many iterations of Audio MIDI Setup that maybe the current configuration (Jam 96k as input + inbuilt output as aggregate device with headphones plugged directly into iMac) is the only configuration that works and it's possibly the first time I've used it. There has to be a logical explanation why it suddenly works and the changes in aggregate device settings in OSX and audio preferences in Reaper must be it. (END EDIT)

I need to do some reading on Preferences.
Should I tick "Request sample/block size" and specify these values?
Where should I be configuring settings with regard to latency?
It seems there is a lot about preferences I need to learn to make Reaper run as efficiently as possibly with my hardware and OS.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Last edited by enuenu; 05-19-2017 at 03:12 AM. Reason: I think I know what was wrong now
enuenu is offline   Reply With Quote