View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
vanpet
Human being with feelings

After completing a (very) large project in 2012, I have some real requests that seemed really needed at times:

- A channel gain (before FX and fader).

- Bussing system (different from folder, more like protools, I don't like folders they are error-prone)

- I don't want to need to mark the last track in a folder. Sometime when I have a multi-level deep folder, it becomes a mess very quickly. I lost quite some time on this, messing with drags and drops to manage all this. Also, it's only possible to edit the folder with one little icon on the TCP, not accessible when I'm i mixer view. I want a menu for this, or more control anyway.

- VCA, with folders, I have to put all my send effects IN the folder to really be able to control the volume of an instrument group. I want to put my sends outside of the folder and still adjust the volume of the folder, with the volume of the sends changing accordingly.

Edit:

- i forgot: automation! Automation right now is very messy. If you move a portion of the track AFTER you've made a lot of automation, you're in for troubles. Also, editing automation on multiple tracks is a pain. Really, all the automation behavior is sketchy and needs an overhaul. More times than not, when there is a little mistake in one automation lane, I prefer to redo it from scratch (I have nice controllers) rather than editing it with the mouse => that's not ideal and is the symptom of something bad.

- A way to package a project into a neat zip. Let me explain: i already have a dedicated folder for my project, with recorded files in the right place, but sometimes I import samples from another directory, sometimes the singer does overdubs and sends them over DropBox, and I just drag and drop these files in te timeline. When I save the projects, these new imported files are not always copied in the project folder (for whatever reason). But 3 months later, when the track is released, someone asks for the project with all the source files, and I usually zip the project folder myself, forgetting all the external files... I want a quick way to do this automatically.
vanpet is offline   Reply With Quote