View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #2944
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi lb0.

The XML file only contains the named Presets and PRG# just as you've identified.

There does not exist any specifics as to what the Preset is or contains.

I can say, that the XML list that SetUPs generated was much shorter ... but still contained the same type of info.

Within NVC, I did create separate 'tables'.

THEN ... as things evolved, I went to a different design. Basically [and a possible HOPE], I redesigned NVC in a RACK layout. It contained up to 16 SLOTS [16 MIDI CH's]. Any type of band could then be assigned a slot.

I had broken from the restriction of creating a GUI that mirror'd the actual hardware, to a design that allowed the engineer to pick and choose as needed.
I still restricted to a specific EQ library because the GUI's needed to coordinate properly. Reaper has some special API calls, and my design was straight VST for any DAW. [side note: Reaper has replaced all but WaveLAB, which is used for specific task only].

As always, very interested in your take on this new feature you've just added. I've started to implement into a test EQ design.

Last nite I confirmed that entering 0,0 into the LSB and Patch# will put N-4 into INIT state [very nice]. Then sending a PrgChng activates the band. This might prove useful when, AFTER a GUI is designed, the STRIP is saved with N-4's in INIT state. Then a band can be selected/activated as needed. [might be just a minor thing ... but still useful].

Question about the current User List we make for RCM. Might the ability to re-order the list be possible?

Again ... this feature is so new, as I think ahead ... we can definitely take some 'ponder time' to consider the possibilities this brings.

Please don't let my ideas/question aggravate ... this is an amazing tool you've created. My interests are so specific to NEBULA ... others may not be interested in that ... but they have created some amazing interfaces ! blows me away!

until later ... THX

[oh ... if you need any N-4 help, You are most welcomed to EMAIL me. I would be glad to possible help]. RJ
Don't worry - I'm completely open to ideas, requests and questions - as I want to make Stripper as versatile as possible, and useful to everyone who tries it - including Nebula users - as I am one of them - and also I believe a lot of Neb users have given the script a run. It won't be for everyone - but am blown away by the response it has received from all parts of the music world!!

My computer science degree wasn't wasted at least

My initial thoughts for the script were as a mixing tool and to benefit that workflow. As amazingly talented people have shown me - it's become a little more than that too which is great and I'm happy to expand in any ways possible as long as they aren't detrimental to the core uses that I know people are now using it for. So I am very careful with each new feature I add that it doesn't break old projects, strips etc - or affect performance. Of course bugs happen with new code - but those I tend to fix when I hear about them. There just aren't enough hours in the day to test everything as thoroughly as maybe I should alongside my 8:30 - 5 job, and family commitments.

Of course I can add moving the program changes around in the list - just want to work out the best way to do this. Maybe a dedicated editor for the program change list - what I've done so far is add the functionality quickly to see if it works (I had little idea before I started messing with RCM) - so I plan to make it better and more complete in the future.

Thanks also for the offer of help with Nebula. I've been using it for around 4-5 years or so now - but still feel I've only scratched the surface. To be honest - I'd do better learning better mixing skills, than learning all the ins and outs of Nebula. Just listening to some of the tunes on the Acustica songs forum tells me I've still a long way to go with that. I'll certainly let you know if I get stuck with Nebula specifics though - it's a very powerful beast that requires some taming and patience sometimes!! Fortunately - my computer skills are usually enough to get it working again when I break it without resorting to the ticket support system I'm far too impatient for that!
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote