dudie
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenK-msx View Post
hi,
to partially quote a previous post of mine:

i used a dd55 for a while -
toptip! (IMO)
change the 'pad sensitivity' setting, from the default on power up of 1, to 2, for highest dynamic range and far better response, particularly for sticks/rolls etc. am not sure if its remembered after a power-down/ac removed, so you may have to set it when you power up/plug in.

check the manual as you have to press two buttons at the same time, then a 3rd - have a look: here it is in fact (google huh?!):

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...LATION&LGFL=Y#

I butchered my dd55 for its pads - they are quite easy to remove.. (yank em). some are now having a new better life as 'cymbal pads' for my diy mesh head edrum setup...

IMO I believe you can get better response by plugging the pads direct in to an audio input and using ktdrumtrigger or drumagog type fx etc. to trigger a drum vsti.
bit of eq and maybe compression on the signal and you can get really good response.
I have done things that way as even if my homebrew triggers are not perfect i can tweak the signal far more than any drum brain would allow to achieve a good response. downside is 8 or more audio inputs are taken up, but I saved shed loads!

hope that helps. enjoy.
How does this work? Do you just drum on your desktop of something to input the beats and then shift the notes to the specific key in the midi editor?
dudie is offline   Reply With Quote