View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
Jeffos
Mortal

Guys, make sure you have read the Building wiki: https://github.com/Jeff0S/sws/wiki/B...-SWS-Extension
Everything is detailed there.

On a sidenote, I disagree with Xenakios, I find the SWS dead easy to setup/compil.
[EDIT].. but I agree this is not the best code to get started. Personnaly, I also started with the "random ninjam loop" example which is provided with the REAPER SDK[/EDIT]

Also, what rekliner says is totally right, tbut he OP's issue had nothing to do that (nor with afxres.h/winres.h issues) but with some WDL/LICE funcs redefinitions that we have fixed a long time ago.
(BTW, I remember this thread and why I did not reply at the time: we can read "[...]\wdl\sws-extension\reaper[...]" in the compil errors, which is a very weird dev directory structure..

Probable pitfalls when you have not read the wiki:
  • not needed anymore since REAPER v4.72+:
    On Win/OSX: as rekliner said, make sure you have uninstalled the sws extension before generating the API (i.e. before you run the action "[developer] Write C++ API functions header")
  • not needed anymore with the last WDL:
    On OSX: you have to SVN patch Cockos' WDL as explained, the extension will compile fine but will be totally buggy otherwise
  • On Win: make sure to define REAPER_DIR (and/or REAPER64_DIR) env var
  • On Win: if you have any compil issue with "winres.h", get in touch (PM)

BTW, we need more contributors in the open source, you're welcome!

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-16-2014 at 12:21 PM. Reason: new wiki URL, outdated stuff
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote