View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
bennisixx
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA View Post
If the new Linux works... how much horse power will one gain vs. using Windows 7 Ultimate? (If any.)
I see this question frequently when it comes to Linux ports. I don't think this is the point of why it is beneficial to have a native Linux reaper system.

I think first and foremost, the benefit for me would be to get this damn dual boot off my pc. You see I have reaper and plugs on my win partition and EVERYTHING else on my Linux partition.

The next reason would have to be for the reaper community.
Look at it this way, Most Linux users are smart cats. If they see reapers model of nag screen only they will pay. I did. Just imagine the additional tools brought on board by people writing extensions etc. That right there is huge.

Third I think Linux needs a real DAW. Sorry ardour and rose-garden absolutely don't cut it. I don't see them getting it done right for a long time.

I think it is worthwhile, and at the same time, should probably live in the pre-release section for a while.
The amount of newbie questioning would be overwhelming at best.

Reaper being a true cross platform daw would be golden imho.

I anticipate a lot of greed and frustration over this unfortunately(due to peoples concern over slowed win/mac dev time). And I hope cockos continues on the native Linux version path, even if it is at a snails pace.

Now...time to test
bennisixx is offline   Reply With Quote