View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
imispgh
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the all new rob View Post
Maybe I missed the point--if youhave to convert them from ogg regardless, what's better about doing it with dbpoweramp?

I usually mix down my sessions locally if they had anything good at all, so I've got some considerable amount of practice with the clipsort conversions. (Fun fact, they are just text files, so sometimes you can hand hack a bad ogg file out of the log and salvage a session)

I played a little under two hours last night, and with around 8 other participants (coming and going) it took about 5 minutes to convert all the oggs. Are you just saying you want to forgo that 5 minutes? I sort of took it that you want the wav files for the quality.
This conversion used to be quick on my laptop. However somewhere in the 3.X path it slowed way down. As said here this conversion takes hours now. I monitor my CPUs and RAM and they are hardly being used. How is it you can convert so fast? What is your CPU and RAM use when processing this? Maybe there is some setting we have different and that i changed along the way that is causing this? (I have Duo-core 2.1GHZ laptop with 4G RAM)
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote