View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Hi banned,

the Hui came first in 1997.It was a co deal between then didgidesine and Mackie to control Protools. First itb hands on controller .Human Device interface.^^

Then Mackie cut a deal with then non apple logic guys and came out with the Logic Control.Looks just like a mcu,but differnt midi messages.Developed by Emagic and mackie. Then came the mackie control..still looking the same and available as a firmware update to the older models...and then finaly came the mcu and the mcu midi protocol. I would think that the mcu protocol is more advanced. Although the hui spec was no slouch...it did use faders with much more precision than 127. I think its 1024 or more.

I have everything working bidirectionally with Reaper except the displau.I just would like to have the display for plugin parameters at the mix position.
Thx

guido
Thanks for elaborating Guido, very informative.

The HUI docs mentioned 9-bit precision for the faders, and 1024 discrete steps would be 10 bits (2^10); btw, the BCF-2000 also has 10-bit, so I couldn't help chuckling when I read that. But 9 bits would probably be good enough for my purposes, I think.

It would be quite doable to display all kinds of stuff, but what do you mean with "at the mix position"?