View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
kaeru
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooks View Post
Does the Shift button send a midi message or change the notes sent by the buttons?
I fired up my keyboard and reaper as well as midi-ox to check this. The keyboard shows up as 3 different devices:

1.Komplete Kontrol: only notes for music sent over midi
2.Komplete Kontrol DAW: transport controls sent over midi but not the shift or other buttons
3.Komplete Kontrol EXT: No data

Also, holding shift didn't modify the midi data being sent on any device.

I know the keyboard uses other protocols to connect to certain DAWs and it could just be that the shift button is not MIDI at all. I also assume the EXT device is for integration with certain other DAWs (either to send and/or receive data).

Is there something like MIDI OX for OSC data? I have a feeling it uses OSC to talk to Logic (where it has 100% full integration)

To get everything working in reaper we are instructed to setup the first device as MIDI, and the DAW device as a Mackie Control Unit.

EDIT:
while googling around to try and find whether komplete kontrol uses OSC at all, I found this
https://gist.github.com/jhorology/a8...7d2dbdad04011c

Seems like someone trying to get better integration with garage band by tapping into OSC messages. (I could be mistaken)

Last edited by kaeru; 01-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.
kaeru is offline   Reply With Quote