View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #16
zenmonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
hey, zenmonkey! Your custom script has much more incomprehensible jargon in it than the generic one, and I'm even more confused having looked through it(plus it makes my generic controllers do wierd stuff). Any chance you could point me in the right direction as to how I might go about separating my two gamepads to individual midi channels? My needs regarding gamepad control are relatively unsophisticated, and the basic functionality enabled by the generic script does the job for me, but for being able to assign a separate midi channel for each controller(each one with its own instrument). I don't need to be able to change channels on the fly, just have each one assigned to its own channel. This one's got me stumped, and any help/info' would be greatly appreciated. Cygnus....
Hi cygnus, sorry my script was incomprehensible to you. I'm a programmer first and a hobbyist musician second. My script is very complicated because it does so much and has several different preset modes. If only the JS scripting for gamepads supports functions or macros I'd be able to greatly streamline it.

With that said, I've never tried to do what you are asking but I think it should be possible. I modified generic.txt for you and added the script mode to change the midi channel for all outbound midi events. With this you should just be able to load 1 gamepad, set it to midi channel 1, and then load the second gampade and set the midi channel to 2.

I hope this works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip generic_cygnus.zip (712 Bytes, 613 views)
zenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote