View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #2942
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi lb0.

Don't know what happened when you switched libraries ... There is a definite way to migrate from Neb-3 to N-4. It is not difficult ... but also not intuitive.

I can definitely help you with that !

As to Program #.

1. I think everyone's install will be different, as PRG# are assigned as libraries are installed [TTBOMK].

2. For my NVC controllers, I used NebSetUPs to make custom NEB's with a specific library. From there, I was parsing the SetUPs XML file [located in X:\nebulatemprepository]. I was able to get the patch NAME and NUMBER. This corresponded to the MIDI PRGCHNG data.

N-4 does not yet have this feature [believe me the requests are in].

There is a possible source of Preset Names & Numbers.

In N-4 C:\Nebula4TempRepository\Setups folder, there is a file called:
~scanboot.xml It is really just a TXT file [special formatted].

I've just looked into it, and YES, it contains all the installed Presets AND their patch #. Some possibilities there.

I would imagine that when N-4 gets a similar ability to do NebSetUPS, there will be a similar XML file generated for that specific instance.

will post back later ....
You know what - I looked at every file in the repos - and ignored that one completely as it was a ~ file - must be overtired or something...

Will be looking into...

Analysed the file a bit - it gives you the program number (offset by 200) - but the name it provides is the somewhat cryptic (in many cases) filename - which is not of any particular use really for identifying what it is:

eg.

ALEXB_MMQ_44_B1B

well it's alexb MMeQ @ 44.1 but other than that - no idea what frequency range it is without consulting the finder within N4.

And the program/vector files look like encrypted/binary files - so cannot grab the actual name from there.

So it seems whatever list we create will have to be manually made...

Of course a cross reference table could be manually created - so filenames translated into library names (which could then be shared).

It's possible to allow Stripper to perhaps create a table from the values you enter via the RCM control - which then cross references the ~scanboot.xml file to link the filename. But it's a bit of work and not sure ultimately how much gain would be got unless everyone used it and shared it to get a complete table.

Needs more thought - I have a few ideas.

Last edited by lb0; 04-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote