View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Doughboy
Human being with feelings

It's just me....but it sounds like your just creating extra work and frustration by using the scratch tracks. I would say....get the drum beat perfect....by the way....I use Drums On Demand, because there so easy to put together and they sound so good. But...if your looking for easy, which I was...that's one way. Then just finish your rhythm guitar track....why keep redoing it. Once it's done.....IT'S DONE!!! Same with the vocals.....yeah...you can always redo them if you decide they need a change later, or if you hear mistakes....Punch in punchout...touch it up.

If you have a hard time getting all the way thru a rhythm guitar track without making a mistake.....then find a couple of spots to pause....so you can continue on from there with a punch in.

When I have a finished track....I feel like I've accomplished something, and then I can move on....and I can focus on the next thing in the project, enstead of still knowing nothing is done.

Also....learn to know, "what is as good as you're gonna get it". From that point move on. Or you can keep trying, but make sure you've saved it, and you can go back to it.
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote