View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Gooey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Ape View Post
There is no question anywhere in your post, so no it's not "very specific". You strongly dislike all amp sims and yet you want to do the exact thing they are made to do. If you're asking how to do this:

just do it. What else do you need to know?

Are you running out into a real amp? I can imagine adding all these effect to a dry singal and then amping them would sound very good - reverb, delay, chorus, etc, all generally need to be in a loop between the amp and cabinet to get the desired effect.
I don't want to come across as a pain, or like I want to get into an argument over semantics. What I meant was that my interest is very specific. I should have stated my "question" more specifically (which I now have, in my last post, at least I hope I have). Since I didn't say so, it makes perfect sense that nobody here would have assumed that I was hopelessly addicted to real analog guitar amps, or that I'm such a prickly SOB/curmudgeon about it.

To somebody like me, who's into gourmet boutique guitar electronics, the suggestion that I might use Guitar Rig or some other modeling thing, causes a hackle-raising knee-jerk reaction, because it makes me feel kinda like Pablo Picasso might have felt if he were told that maybe he should get a paint-by-numbers set (because after all, aren't those paint-by-number sets designed to do exactly what he's talking about?)

Your point about having the delay, chorus and reverb ahead of the amp is certainly a good one. But I'd be sending to the computer out of an effects loop output, then bringing the processed signal back to the amp chain. I'm just thinking that the computer-based effects would likely be a lot better (higher resolution and quieter) than say, stomp boxes would be.
Gooey is offline   Reply With Quote