View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #29
gofer
-blänk-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooey View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. But I'm going to bow out of asking about things like this. Everybody seems to assume that I'm a guitar player who'd be better off doing effects a different way than hosting them in computer. But what I'm specifically interested in is doing that. It isn't for the purpose of playing guitar through them on a regular basis. I probably should have given all the background from the outset. But I wanted to avoid the trouble of explaining why I wanted to host VSTs in Reaper. I definitely should never have said anything about playing guitar through them, suggesting that that was my end objective. You can see where that got me.
I think you should just have put your questions more direct and specific from the get-go. What got you "there" is that you said you wanted to use FX plugins in a DAW for your guitar setup and asked people to give you any thoughts on that. That's what you got, honest thoughts of the people around about using a DAW as guitar FX rack.
Now that folks know that what you actually wanted was plugin recommendations they start giving you that, so all is cool, no?
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote