View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #48
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Yes, but only via OSC.
Exactly. Which makes me think that using OSC is the best approach, at least for now.
Quote:
iBad is not invented by me, but Richard Stallman. You might still love iBad, which is ok. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGkNiRFwmOg
That does not make it less hateful or bitter, imho. Implying that it it is a matter of subjective love/hate does not help much either. I do understand that we all have our personal pet peeves, and may occasionally mention them out of context. I'm guilty of that myself as well (please correct me whenever I do).

But if you actually intended your iBad comment to refer to the context that you are now providing, that makes it outright ridiculous. If you would understand and agree with the basic principle that mr. Stallman stated there (as well as on many other occasions - I'm quite familiar with the FSF lawyers, their ideology and legal framework), you would use it as an argument against using KeyKit, since it's proprietary software (I can almost hear mr. Stallman's roaring laughter, but I must be imagining it). I'll be happy to correct the match results according to the RMS rules: KeyKit disqualified, so Pd wins by default?

Quote:
I just like Keykit as a programming language. Simple, elegant, powerful.
Aside from discussions on moral, ethical and legal principles (and assuming that the average REAPER user doesn't care about those much more than the average human), of course that's what really matters in practice for getting results. I'm glad you found something that works for you, and I hope we'll hear more about your experience with it. I'd appreciate it very much if you could show us a little example of how KeyKit can be used to tackle the issue of controlling send levels. That could be helpful for all of us REAPER users looking into possible solutions to our workflow issues.

Last edited by Banned; 04-28-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote