View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #19
mr. moon
Human being with feelings

Default One Problem!!

Jonas,

EDIT: the kick track run through the drumagog killer is delayed by 231 samples to the original.

I have stumbled upon a problem that you're drumagog killer has, and that is that there is *no* latency compensation when rendering with your plug like drumagog has. This means that the latency caused by the gating and triggering effects are translated to renders when in drumagog they are not. This would be fine if your rendering to stems (submixes) and them mixing submixes, because you could just nudge the drums back into the correct timing, but since I render entire mixes and not stems, this will not work for me. (The kick drum would be out of time "x" number of samples in relation to the rest of the instruments in the song)

Is there some JS utility which would take care of this latency compensation?

BTW: I have created track templates using the NS_Kit7Free kicks (open and closed) and I s'pose I could post those? I could post them without the kick samples themselves and leave it up to people to download the free kit themselves and install it into a specific directory. That way I wouldn't really be breaking any copyright/publishing rights or anything, right?

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Last edited by mr. moon; 04-23-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Clarified samples
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote