View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #31
Finnish
Human being with feelings

Hi RJHOllins,

Thanks for your input!
Quote:
What was the SPL level that you used to shoot ??? Remember ... You need to drive the room to around 80-85 dB in order to
'excite' it to the proper measurement level.
Well, here's something that needs a rerun, I was using 75db or below SPL levels. Gonna do it again today, with 85db levels.

Quote:
As to your graphs ... it's GOOD that you used NO 'smoothing' in the posted pix. I'm sure you notice there are some issues yet to resolve ... a word of 'consolation' .... if you can get your room response into a +-6dB variation ... you've done quite good.

Something you might want to check out .... look for a 'Room Mode' calculator on the net ... I don't have a link handy ... but you should plug in your room dimensions and see the resultant modes. This may help identify the nasty areas. In particular, the floor to ceiling height ... I see a canceling node that looks familiar.

Again ... just try to help ...
Here's what I found out about room modes, my room dimensions are in that calculator (calculator here http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Aco...WaveCalcu.html:

So, I'd say room modes has a big influence here! But how to manage it or deal with it?