View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #27
Yfoiler
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper needs to come of age in the MIDI department

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebas777 View Post
How about a "back/next" buttons/keycommands like in a web browser ?

Still, the easiest way I believe was implemented in Logic:

- if no tracks/items are selected, show all tracks at once (different item colors)
- double click a note to see only this track (velocity colors)
- double click empty space to see all tracks again

- select tracks or items in the Arrange Window: only selection is displayed (that is, if you have the "Link Button" enabled in a screenset/editor of your choice - ah, that handy "Link Button" and multiple copies of editors allowed in each screenset, some linked to selection, some only to current SPL, and some showing 'static' contents ! ).
Respectfully I disagree on the double click empty space thing or note thing. That might be fine for small combo or drum work, but when you are doing symphony orchestrations I believe Reaper already has it correct. Double click places a new note, which you can drag or stretch and shrink to "flavor" your instruments articulations, double click again deletes it. This is a much faster way to work with scores rather than have to go to a menu to insert a new note or delete it. It's even faster than a control click or key command. Other than this I think the rest of the example, as you describe in Logic, would be ideal and very flexible. Just my two cents---thanks.
Yfoiler is offline   Reply With Quote