View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
Tedwood
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatbybit View Post
maybe the cymbals are chopped earlier then? i still think its a massive overkill for a simple swell that you can have from a single stereo (or even multichannel) sample. and its only fairly accurate - as you wrote

youre right tho, this is how a real drummer "triggers" the swell..
No, it doesn't happen BBB, I tried at 64T with AD and it's smooth as silk. AD is very well coded, I have an AMDx2 5600 and 2 Gig of ram, and I can't make AD glitch.

Having said that this was one track in isolation, if polyphony problems did arise these things could easily be rendered to audio to a single item - I think you would do that anyway surely?

In addition I would say the smooth build EvilDragon suggested may be too even, a real drummer would accent in places, this might be accomplished by having the same sample without the slow attack on every 3rd or 6th beat at a louder volume, that's just for starters, you have to think like a drummer - but it should be entirely possible to make a believable sample that fiots you music in less time than it takes you to find one that was custom made for the job

Last edited by Tedwood; 09-13-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Tedwood is offline   Reply With Quote