View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
Lokasenna
Human being with feelings

Before you leave with the wrong idea, let me say it again - this is not a general issue with Reaper. This appears to be a problem with your particular hardware, setup, settings, and Reaper.

It would be just as inaccurate to say "Reaper still has some work to do... you get what you pay for" as if I were to take a friend's issues getting Cubase to play nicely with his audio interface and conclude that Cubase is complete garbage that doesn't deserve the label "Pro".

Computers are finicky things, and it's impossible for programmers to make sure their software is 100%-bug-free on every system out there. Why? Because there are millions of unique systems out there. Even two computers sold as the same model will frequently have different brands of RAM inside them because the manufacturer has a bunch of different brands of 1GB memory sitting around.

Back in the days of DOS, I literally couldn't find a computer that would run several of my games even though they all met the specs listed on the box. To this day, I have no idea what the problem was.

Anyway, I don't have a clue what your issue might be. Since it's obviously an obscure problem (in that none of us have a clue where to look, so far), I'd suggest posting it as a Bug in the "Track Bugs/Feature Requests" thingy up top. That is, I gather, what it's there for.

Good luck.