View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Casualty
Human being with feelings

Even if you make changes to a chain or fx the actual closing of the window shouldn't be a "state". The fx/chain changes themselves are seperate "states" - and get entered into undo history as "add fx to chain", or "FX parameter adjustment".

But my point is, not only is this not needed, it really can cause one to permanently lose a bunch of work, so I really can't emphasize enough that this should be taken care of at some point.
I can't think of anything else in Reaper that can backfire on you quite like this can.

Try opening an fx window, make some parameter adjustments, close the window, move a couple of faders, then open another fx window and make a couple more adjustments, then move a couple of faders again. Open the undo history window and start moving around in history, back and forth between the various states. Sooner or later you'll see that a bunch of the undo history will disappear, only from having moved back and forth.... this simply should not happen. Eliminating "Close FX Chain Config" as a history "state" will prevent this from happening.
Casualty is offline   Reply With Quote