View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
Bass6
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24 View Post
Thank you for your critique. It's helpful to get outside of what in my head after working on the song for so long. After hearing the remake below, i can see (hear) what's missing with clarity. You asked for another track and here goes:

https://theonlyhumananimal.bandcamp....-a-womans-love
Yeah, nice. You've got some really interesting ideas going on there, but it all sounds a bit mooshy yet harsh at the same time.
The bass could do with coming up a bit, and overall it could probably stand a bit of a cut somewhere in the 1k - 3k range. The vocals are very wet - that could just be a taste thing, but for me it's better suited to the vocal line at the end. The main vocal is a bit indistinct under all that reverb and consequently sounds a long way back in the mix. Also, there's some really nice synth lines here and there but again they're buried and not easy to hear. Take some of the reverb out and push the vocal a bit more & it'll have a lot more impact.
Good work upside, nice songwriting