View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #25
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
@Dannii, do you have a link to those docs you made somewhere? I'd like to have a copy as well, mainly out of curiosity.

Probably. I know about as much about ReaScript as you do about OSC. I never got around to playing with it, yet.

For communicating with devices using the HUI protocol such as yours, my preference would be to not rely on anything that depends on a particular DAW. I'd want to use any conversion layer for it (or at least as much reusable elements from it as possible) with any app that I feel like (not just REAPER), which presumably eliminates ReaScript from the most interesting options right from the start. I prefer to avoid any lock-ins if possible, even when I'd be tied to Cockos rather than Avid. Still, as I said, I don't know enough about it to say anything conclusively - it could well be the perfect REAPER-specific solution for all I know.
LOL

Hi,
ueah i know about as much about it as I know about osc also^^.
But in my research I saw its based on Python. there's even an old python script I found that converts osc to midi usin touch osc...touch osc natively does that now..right?
Ill investigate this more..thx

guido

btw also in my research I found aabelton live web project that uses python to do alot of this stuff.But it seems like it died because Abelton didnt support osc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote