View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #24
richie43
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
And yes, in this case all of those complaints go to the Harrison developers, not to Paul and Co., since the Win version is not their baby.
For the record, I bought mixbus during the sale and sent some questions to the Harrison support, and Paul is the one answering those for some reason.
Other than no vsti or 64bit support, and even a few of my fav 32bit plugins caused it to crash and burn, and I can't use any plugins that technically have more than 2 inputs (Nebula, many compressors, some reverbs....sigh), I am actually liking it as a big analog emulation summing device. I just A/B tested a few recent projects that I pseudo-mastered 2 versions of pre-masters; 1 directly from Reaper, and the other was a buss-stem mix from Reaper and then "summed" through MixBus before the pseudo master. I then had my reluctant wife play me the 2 results randomly in 3 different sessions, and I unanimously picked the versions that had been MixBus summed. Just what I need, another step in my already intense and to some convoluted work-flow.... I can't deny my ears though....sigh.