View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 05:17 AM   #425
stupeT
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yep View Post
I really hope I haven't done anything to set myself up as an "authority" here, because I'm not. If my opinions disagree with your own ears, you should say so, and you should let other people know where I'm wrong (because I probably am, in any number of opinions). I am myself disagreeing with a lot of people with much better credentials than myself, in this thread. That's the whole point, and I actually wish more people would disagree, as long as it is meaningful, substantive divergence of opinion.
Now its really time to disaggree!

Yep, you DID setup yourself as an authority. But you did it the very best, most honest and most sympathetic way possible. You NEVER said you are an authority. WE say you are, because we all gained that impression over these many posts by you, dont we?

You should not wonder that only a few people disaggree with you so far. In my case you delivered explanantion why my ears are hearing what they are hearing (in my mixes) and how I could improve it. And you obviously explained it in a genious, educative way, so that I was able to follow, to correct it, to hear improvement.

For the guitar/amp sound thingie:

I made my way slowly up from cheapo equipment up to Fender/Gibson + Hiwatt/Marshall. I bought those when I was young and poor. Was a real pain in the ass, moneywise, that time. I thought I had to.

Now I'm old, self-employed for 20 years and could afford any guitar and amp I wished. And what am I happy with? Baton Rouge (Gibson Jumbo replica), Weller (Gibson Lucille replica) and the hardware POD. These there 'workhorses' are less than $1500 all three together!

Cheers