View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default Newbie question about proper way to render my music

Hey all:

My name is Steven and I am a singer and am recording my favorite music. I am using Reaper in the following way as per instruction from a person I found on YouTube. I have the following tracks for each song:

Track 1 - Music
Track 2 - Vox
Track 3 - FX (I am only using the reaVerborate VST!)

I record the music from my karaoke website without any FX at all onto the music track.
I do record the vocal on the Vox track.
I use the FX track to apply VST's to the vocal track.
That means if I play back a song I have recorded and the FX is turned off, I will only get the Vox without any FX.

So, with this configuration, once I am happy with the FX that I have selected for the vocal and they are set up on the FX channel, when I go to render the song, how do I get the rendered version of the song to reflect the FX that I have selected?

My second question is that in previous recordings I have made and shared them with a few people, they all say that there is too much ECHO on my voice! When I am recording my music it sounds OK to me, but I guess not to others!

How can I compensate for this issue so that I get the benefit of the reaVerbirate but just not have so much ECHO? Is there a YouTube video that covers this issue? I learn best by watching someone show me what to do and how!