View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
drew
Mobile

I'm glad we now have a pref option to "Create undo points for item/track selection" & "for loop selection" (which will remain off here!) but I think we need a whole section to please everyone really, because I totally agree that the "close window" stage should be optional and there are other cases.

I have this same question about Solo/Mute being stored... I change an effect parameter, solo the track to hear it better, decide I don't like it and undo unsolo's the track as the first step. Just seems wrong to me.

But the king of wrongness(!) in the undo chain is "Adjust Track Volume (via Surface)". I move my mixing desk faders around all the time to check how things I'm tweaking are sounding and when I undo I find myself going back through a series of fader movements. I'd love to be able to exclude the mixer altogether.

I hope you didn't mind me adding these points in this thread - to save starting a second similar one. In the end I hope it's a shared request to add more undo history options - and now we have an exciting bunch of new undo/redo features it would be great to have them altogether in prefs.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote