View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky5p View Post
Actually KM, it's exactly because I wanted to be as objective/thorough as possible that I brought up the “software will win” factor. For many people, the fact that the product they are planning to buy might become “outperformed/outdated” in the near, or even distant future (by an upcoming technology) it will affect their buying decision.
Both the hardware and software will become outperformed and outdated or I'd still be using my 286 with Word 97 on it. You'll buy a new unit for the hardware MIDI device if the CPU becomes to slow, you'll buy a new computer when its hardware is outdated trying to run the new and $$ improved software.

However, I'm kidding around by now and it should get much better at some point on the software side which I am all for.

Again, not a big deal here as up until now I've only observed and documented my findings on the one that I happen to have for usage purposes, no dog in the fight really. I'd be telling you everything I've found with JamOrigin if I happened to have it but a little to lazy I guess to download it and configure/test/report etc. I have a lot of gear and software but I'm not a gear or software head per se.

Peace

Last edited by karbomusic; 05-22-2013 at 03:26 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote