View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
grok
Human being with feelings

Default ZedR16

Hi all, this is my first post. I've been dabbling with DAWs for the last year or so and had a 3 way shoot out between Reaper, Cubase LE and Sonar LE. Reaper won on account of its fuller feature set and the fact that I had several problems installing the other DAWs and getting them to run correctly.

The original post about using a ZedR16 is very interesting. I've also been thinking of getting one as I really miss the hands on approach to mixing, find it difficult to drag down several faders using a mouse, and coming from an analogue/live mixing background, such features as parametric EQ are second nature. I've used an A&H 16ch Mix Wizard r a couple of years now and love it.

Am I right in thinking that I would also need to get a Firewire card for my laptop in order to plug the Zed in? How prevalent are these? I have one of the newer PCI slots.

Just to confirm, when the Zed is running with Reaper and you're mixing, when you move a physical fader, the virtual fader in Reaper also moves, right? Likewise, tweaking physical EQ will change the channel sound in Reaper?
grok is offline   Reply With Quote