View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
axeman
Human being with feelings

Default defective unit?/anyone else using US-1641 with REAPER?

Greetings,

Another quick update:

TASCAM tech suggested that my hardware could be defective and encouraged me to exchange it for a new unit. Started the process today, but it will probably take at least a week or two before the new one arrives (as this was an online purchase). Unfortunately, they have no knowledge of REAPER--and, therefore, are hinting that it might be the source of the problem. (My other tests seem to indicate otherwise, but things have been so flaky and inconsistent that it's hard to know for sure.)

With this in mind, is anyone here using a US-1641 with REAPER successfully? If so, I'm wondering if:

1. you're using TASCAM's driver/firmware--and, if so, which versions.

2. you are able to get it working consistently on the "normal" latency setting--or, even better, with one of the lower-latency settings (assuming you're using TASCAM's driver).

3. you notice a significantly lower output level when monitoring an analog input directly (by turning the "MIX" control all the way to "INPUT"), as opposed to monitoring it through REAPER (or any other DAW) with the "MIX" control set all the way to "COMPUTER"?

4. you have any other insight/experience to offer.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot and take care,

Alan
axeman is offline   Reply With Quote