View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
ashcat_lt
Human being with feelings

My mother buys every "nifty gadget" she sees. Gave me a Boombox and I was like "WTF am I doing to do with this?" Then it hit me!

How you actually connect the thing is up to what you've got. If you have a spare output from your computer you could send the post amp sim guitar sound out there to the Boombox. Otherwise you might need to figure out some kind of buffered split before going into your interface. You will likely want some compression or distortion on whatever is sent to the Boombox. It doesn't have to sound good. It just needs to give you the sustain you want.

Try sticking the transducer different places on the guitar for different response. I found that it works best on my SG if I stick it on the headstock between the tuning pegs. Its a little awkward having a cable hang off your head, but you can probably figure something out to keep it out of your way.

Edit - I guess the link is not to the Boombox brand, but it's the same thing. There are a lot these things out there, and they're cheap!
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote