View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
gilltunnel
Human being with feelings

Default Does not: play, record, or detect sound signal

First, playing:

When I import a sound file into Reaper, it will show up in a track (it looks normal). When I hit the play button, the vertical line which would normally move towards the right as the song plays gets highlighted but it does not move. So i am unable to get Reaper to play anything.

Now, recording/detecting a signal:

I have another program (the M-audio ProFire control panel) which has a monitor bar (a bar that moves up when it detects sound and down when it does not). This monitor bar detects sound from my microphone, so the sound is entering my computer, it is just not entering Reaper.
When I insert a track in reaper and hit arm, I set the input to my audio device (M-audio profire 610) but there is no signal (the monitor bar does not move at all). Even if I try every other possible option in the fly down menu in track 1 for inputs, none work.
When I hit record anyway, the same vertical line that I talked about earlier, which I would expect to move from left to right, does not move.
Any suggestions on what I should do ? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
gilltunnel is offline   Reply With Quote