View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #43
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
I come from Logic as well, probably why I'm not really on the barricades about it as much as others , but would still find it a huge step forward to get selection/editing across items - if it's done right.

In Logic 5 it was very straightforward to affect data of many "items" simultaneously via the sequence parameters, that did a lot to compensate.

All the properties in the two fields saying "3 selected" at the top are affecting any selected item on any track, but still each item can have it's own individual settings. They just get edited as relative offsets. The smaller version is visible all the time if you want that. And you can consolidate the settings into the MIDI data any time with a simple command for each individual item.

You can do much of it in Reaper with MIDI plugins and lots of track control knobs, but not all. It would take much space and wouldn't work for individual items or across multiple tracks.
Hi,

Thx gofer..I really cant add more than what u said except .PLZzzzzz Cockos implement this "kind of" design thinking .....functionality,effecient use of screen real estate, and massive amount of readable info. Just my two cents.

Guido

And gofer ..what about the obscene level of all those things i mentioned above...as displayed by logic 5s Event float? Sorry i cant do screenis..of logic

EDIT hehe..the small version in gofers pic is called the sequence parameter box. and the one on the right is the extended sequencer paramater box.^^ All of a sudden it just came flying back to me.^^You can easily call the big one up by dbl clicking in the frame of the left one..i think..beem awhile.

Last edited by Guido; 04-29-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote