Thread: Linux NATIVE
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #93
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
I probably mentioned that I use Debian Linux? Wheezy on my desktop and Jessie on my laptop. Since I'm really satisfied with Jessie, as soon as it gets released [stable] I'm going to install it on my main computer. It boots like within a few seconds... from the *cold start*! That is, nothing is cached! [like in Windows] :P I also use Xfce as my desktop currently. I think it's better to use some light desktop environment for music. Maybe it's just that my old Windows fear/presumption about GUI getting in the way of audio at work? I'm not yet completely sure. So I'd like to go even further in optimisation of DE and use OpenBox DE only which is a very fast and light Linux DE.
If you use debian, you ought to investigate the kxstudio repos! they fix a lof of distro audio fsckups, and contain a lot of other goodies, like bridges between alsa, pulseaudio, jack, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuX View Post
I'm craving to talk about Linux and audio experiences. Thank you Mr. Winter for joining us in this thread! Let's keep it alive and kicking! especially kicking.
Cool, I look at the forums every once in a while, am much more of a mailing list person and really hate wasting time reading in a forum I'm happy if I can offer some constructive help, but I really have little patience for all the detractors/trolls that always pop up B)
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)