View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #57
nPHYN1T3
Human being with feelings

@Nystagmus

Just got my normal Xubuntu install back together. Reaper seems to run better and I get sound output without changing any settings. However as I typed this it crashed sitting idle. Clean install of WINE 1.7, Reaper 4.78, one track with a single midi item and ReaSynth loaded.

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000018 in 64-bit code (0x000000014001192b).
System information:
Wine build: wine-1.7.44
Platform: x86_64
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.19.0-26-lowlatency

One thing I've noticed is when I do a clean install I don't always get the license nag. I almost wonder if that pop up is a potential reason why it crashes immediately. I'll add my license and see if anything changes on this clean install.

--Added my license, still crashes during the splash screen. Seems Reaper is fine until user prefs are added, after that it just becomes a crash fest. If you delete your user prefs and relaunch I can choose my audio settings etc and make a little midi thing and play it. Then if it sits idle it will crash and crash immediately on load until you delete your prefs again.

Last edited by nPHYN1T3; 08-23-2015 at 05:27 PM.
nPHYN1T3 is offline   Reply With Quote