View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 09:19 AM   #74
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post
Is there a Reaper Plug that shows you this info? I normally use another plug for this, but this project states that I can't use it.
You can use any plugin that doesn't affect the sound, just remove it before uploading. However...

As I mentioned earlier, since LUFs needs to evaluate the entire song from beginning to end, you can use Orban Loundess meter, it is much better for the job because you can just drag a render into it and see the correct result in a few seconds verses having to wait for the song to play through in Reaper. There are some actions that do similar but A) I forget what they are and B) Orban seems just too easy.

I only use ITB LUFs plugins as sort of a "you are here" meter because I'm not sitting around all day running the song from start to finish in real time just to get the right calculation. Here is a screenshot (not for the contest, just showing how it works).

What you are shooting for with the red arrows above is -14 Integrated and -.2 True peak (Highest reconstructed)

Last edited by karbomusic; 02-20-2017 at 09:25 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote